- Only a username and password is required. You don't need to give your real
name e.g. you can choose xyz1234. All scores are recorded against this name.
A parent can then monitor the progress
of the child by looking at scores from, say, the last 2 months.
- A real first and last name is useful if your child's teacher uses this site
to assign homeworks. Then, when all students submit homework, the teacher can
view the graded results tabulated using
these real names.
- We like to have an email address to inform you of any new additions to the
site, etc. You can create a web based email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org
which cannot be traced to your real street address.
- So far, we haven't used the date of birth field. However, we may use it in
future to provide statistics about use of the sites by other users. Thus,
you may benefit by knowing that 30% of 7 year olds are working on , say, level 16.
- The important thing to know is that you don't have to give any real information
if you don't want to. We just need a label (username) to associate scores.